Tuesday, November 29, 2011

WOW 5 years down.... so many to go

Its amazing how many things can change yet stay the same in 5 years. It has been 5 years since Barn Tours (now AGademics) has been under new ownership. I am very happy to see this company grow and I am very glad I can continue the tradition of teaching the public about agriculture. I am just as passionate as I was the first day I started to work for Barn Tours over 11 years ago. WOW that seems like a lifetime ago. I still remember going to my first fair as a tour guide and my first fair as an owner and talk about 2 different experience I will never forget.  I appreciate the hard work and foundation that was laid before me and I can't wait to see wait the next level is waiting for us. We have had our up and downs in the last 5 years and learned alot of lessons. The fair industry is an ever changing industry and agriculture is steady so it is a hard balance. But seeing the light bulb turn on when that person you have been talk ing to about agriculture gets "it" and that is what I feel is rewarding. I truly believe if you can teach somebody one thing new about agriculture then I have done my job. And I LOVE my job!!!!!
I can only imagine the future for AGademics  and I hope it is as bright as the last 5 years as an owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment