Thursday, October 13, 2011

World EGG day - Oct. 14

Well World EGG day is coming up and what a better day to start your day off right with eggs for breakfast. Now I know I'm not the most excited person about eggs for breakfast, I like to put everything in them but once I do they are yummy. I thought I would share some of my fun facts about eggs as well as my favorite recipe using eggs.
Fun Facts: 
An eggshell has roughly 17,000 pores on it
White shell is from a hen with a white earlobe
Brown shell is from a hen with a red earlobe
It takes 26 hours for a hen to make an egg
One day out at room temp. = one week in the fridge
Average hen lays 250-270 eggs a year
USA produces roughly 75 billion eggs annually
China produces roughly 390 billion eggs annually (1/2 the world's supply)

 
 My Favorite EGG recipe is: Breakfast casserole with Sausage!!! YUM-O 
  • 6 slices bread, cubed
  • 1 pound sausage, browned, drained
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 8 each eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon, salt
  • pepper to taste

Preparation:

Cube bread and place evenly in greased 9x13 pan or baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with sausage and cheese. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over ingredients in pan. May cover and chill overnight. (if left overnight, remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before baking). Bake 45 minutes at 325 degrees or until set. Cut into squares to serve.
Serves8 to 10

No comments:

Post a Comment