Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Farm Kid from the City

Well the USA Today as finally caught up with most of us FFA alumni and actives. A whole lot of us are from the city and belong to FFA and 4-H. I was one of those kids who belonged to those programs. I raised many animals in the city. I am glad my folks got me into the programs. I learned so much and now have a passion for it.
I appreciate the work that goes into farming and ranching. And I believe so many kids are missing that. Maybe this will help those to look twice at cutting a program that does so much beyond the classroom for students. Check out the link to the article below. Its a good read.
P.S. FFA week is coming up soon. GO FFA!!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-02-16-urban-ffa_N.htm?POE=click-refer

No comments:

Post a Comment